Your privacy is important to us. Zawadi (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and keeping your personal information secure.
This Policy describes how we treat the personal information we collect from you in connection with your receipt of our products and services (the “Services”). It also describes how we use personal information collected through your interactions with our websites and apps, as well as phone, social media or email interactions.
Important: This policy applies to you if you contract with us to receive the Services or otherwise interact with us regarding your use, or potential use, of the Services. The policy does not apply to you if you are an event attendee whose ticket has been delivered using the Zawadi platform. In such circumstances, we process the customers’ and event attendees’ personal information on our client’s behalf (as their “processor”) and our clients have the legal responsibility to tell those individuals how their personal information will be collected and used.
Information we may collect from and about you
1. Information you provide to us: we collect Personal Data when you voluntarily provide such information to the Services, such as when you register for access to the Services, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys or browse or use certain parts of the Services. The Personal Data we may collect includes without limitation your name, email address, details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and any other information that you choose to provide and/or that enables Users to be personally identified.
2. Information we automatically collect: With regard to each of your visits to our Websites, we may automatically collect details of your visit, including, but not limited to, information about how you came to the Services, characteristics about your access device and/or browser, and data collected through tracking tools like browser cookies. We may also collect details of the resources that you access on our website.
- To better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors
- To improve our website and app
- To recognize new or past customers
- To store your password if you are registered on our sites
Your web browser may allow you to delete any cookies you choose. It may also allow you to prevent or limit their use.
When using our paid service, you will be asked for financial details such credit / debit card information. The processing of these payments is carried out by third parties (such as Stripe) and on a separate secure server. We do not store any credit or debit card information on our servers.
How We Use Your Information
We use the Personal Data we collect as disclosed and described here:
1. To perform a contractual obligation
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
To carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information. We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
We may use it in order to:
- Determine your eligibility for our Services
- Provide you with access to the Services, including enabling you to set up an account
- Provide you with suggestions and advice relating to our products and services
- Notify you about changes to our Services
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. To respond to your requests or questions
For example, if you contact us with an enquiry, we will use the contact details you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem.
3. For Internal Business Purposes
We may use your personal information for internal business purposes including:
- To better understand our users
- To improve our products and services: We might use your information to improve our products and services or to customize your experience with us. This could include displaying content based upon your preferences
- To protect our company, our customers, or our websites. This includes to detect or prevent unlawful behaviour
- To manage your account and provide you with customer service
4. To comply with our legal obligations
We may use your personal information to comply with various legal and regulatory obligations. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
5. For marketing purposes
We may use your Personal Data for our marketing and advertising purposes. For example, we might send you information about special promotions or offers we believe might be of interest to you. We might also tell you about new features or products.
You may also see advertisements for our Services on third party websites, including on social media platforms. Where you see an advertisement on a third-party website or social media platform, this may be because we engaged the third party or social media platform to show this advertisement to our Users, or to others who have similar attributes to our Users. In some cases, this involves sharing your email address or other contact details with the third party or social media platform so that they can identify you as one of our Users, or identify other individuals with similar attributes to you in order to show them advertisements for our Services.
To learn about your choices in relation to marketing communications, please read the rights and choices section below.
6. Other Purposes
Disclosure and sharing of your information
We may disclose or share your Personal Data with certain third parties, including:
1. Third party contractors and service providers who perform services on our behalf. These include providers of IT and email distribution services, marketing agencies and online advertising providers, and advisors such as accountants, lawyers, and consultants.
3. To comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Zawadi, our customers, or others: For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
4. Third party services and integrations: Zawadi may provide you with opportunities to contract directly with third parties, and/or to integrate with third party services or applications, through our platform. In such instances, we will disclose your Personal Data to other entities in order to fulfil a request by you, or to provide services you have requested.
How we store and protect your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be carried out by third parties over encrypted connections using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password or API key which enables you to access certain parts of our site or app, you are responsible for keeping this password or API key confidential. We ask you not to share a password or API key with anyone.
However, the Internet is not 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us electronically. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data.
Retention of your personal information
We keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services you have requested
- To comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities
- To resolve disputes or support a claim or defence in court
Data may be processed outside the European Union
We may need to transfer your Personal Data outside of the country from which it was originally provided. This may be to jurisdictions outside the European Union, which have no data protection laws or laws that are less strict compared with those in EU.
We use the following safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union:
- We comply with a code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union
- The processor is within the same corporate group as our business or organisation and abides by the same binding corporate rules regarding data processing
- The data protection clauses in our contracts with data processors include transfer clauses written by or approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union
- Both our organisation and the processor are public authorities between whom there is either a legally binding agreement or administrative arrangements approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union relating to protection of your information
Links on to third party sites
Our website may contain links to other sites, such as through the Facebook “Like” or “Share” button. When you interact with these features and links, your browser will establish a direct link with the website’s servers. The site will receive information about your browser or activity and may link it to your user account.
Please note that we are not responsible for third party websites. If you would like more information about how the third-party sites use data, please have a look at their privacy policies.
Your rights and choices
1. You can browse the Services without providing any Personal Data (other than Automatic Data to the extent it is considered Personal Data under applicable laws), or you can limit the Personal Data you provide. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data or to limit the Personal Data you provide, you may not be able to use certain functionality of the Services.
2. You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. If you no longer want to receive our marketing emails, click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any such email. You can also manage your email preferences at any time by logging in to your account and changing your email preferences.
In some cases, we may have engaged a third party or social media platform to show advertisements to our Users, or to others who have similar attributes to our Users. This may involve sharing your email address or other contact details with the third party or social media platform so that they can identify you as one of our Users, or identify other individuals with similar attributes to you in order to show them advertisements for our Services. If you no longer want your Personal Data to be used for these purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. You may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at email@example.com. After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
4. If you wish for us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This may limit the service we can provide to you.
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Our site is not intended for children
Our sites and apps are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Data through the Services.
If you believe a person who is underage has signed up for a Zawadi account, please contact us at email@example.com and we will take reasonable steps to promptly remove that person’s personal information from our records.
If you have any questions about this Policy or other privacy concerns, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.